The best Adelaide suburbs for new homebuyers
City fringe suburbs are the places to be for property investment in 2016. With Adelaide’s recent rejuvenation driving this year’s real estate market, new buyers could be looking at a strong return of investment in the future.
The South Australian city’s recent CBD boom will most likely translate to strong sales in the inner-fringe suburbs, according to The Advertiser. There is a huge demand for CBD and inner-city living, which is pushing the entire market forward and having a ripple effect on the surrounding suburbs such as Parkside and Unley.
The realestate.com.au Top Sellers Report shows these are two top suburbs to have the most people searching per listing – not just in SA but in Australia. New developments are luring people into the city, and Adelaide Oval, the city’s growing small bar scene, seems to be attracting large crowds as well. The redevelopment of Victoria Square has brought along events and activities like outdoor gyms and regular festivals, breathing new life into the city.
The best Adelaide suburbs for new buyers
The Top Sellers report shows, based on 2015’s result, where the hot-spots are for real estate in Adelaide.
For first-time buyers looking to purchase a property under $500,000, experts suggest:
- Semaphore Park: Especially popular with families and older couples. This suburb is affordable, close to the beach, with great cafes opening all around the neighbourhood.
- Edwardstown: Beautiful parks and great shopping. Close to the city and conveniently close to public transport.
- Mawson Lakes: This suburb offers great value for money and is just half-an-hour north of downtown Adelaide. It’s a land of opportunity for businesses, families and young people.
- Prospect: This is as close as you can live to Adelaide CBD without actually living in the CBD. This suburb is just 2.5 kilometres north from the centre, and it offers great shopping and cafes on Prospect Road. It boasts family houses with big backyards.
- West Richmond: West Richmond is a quiet little suburb that’s a 15-minute drive from Adelaide CBD and just a 10-minute drive from Glenelg and Henley Beach.
No matter what your budget is for your property investment, or what type of property you’re looking for, Adelaide has a suburb to accommodate your needs.