Community Entrepreneur Program Information
Here is an outline of the Beyond Bank Community Entrepreneur Program. If you have any further question or enquiries then do not hesitate to contact us today.
What kind of projects does the Community Entrepreneur Program support?
- The Beyond Bank Community Entrepreneur Program supports innovation across all areas including technology, social and general business. The new business grants will be available at the concept, pre-launch or post-launch stages of projects and are open to a range of ventures including those proposed by entrepreneurs of all ages, social entrepreneurs, community organisations or existing businesses.
How do I submit my idea to the Entrepreneur Program?
Applications are open from Monday 17 July and will be open until the Thursday 31 August
Applicants will be required to set up a profile on F6S.com platform and fill in the application form on the Beyond Bank Australia page
The application will ask for your contact details, project name, project description, key benefits/outcomes, key milestones/dates and the grant requested.
Who is F6S?
- The F6S.com platform delivers more than $1 billion per year in opportunities, funding, grants and services to entrepreneurs.
- You will benefit from applying via F6S as you will gain access to a larger network of companies and groups that can provide you with support for your idea.
Who is CoVentured?
CoVentured is a wholly owned subsidiary of Slingshot, it is desirable for your application that you have a CoVentured profile.
Beyond Bank has partnered with Coventured because we understand that corporate connections can be an important pathway to opportunities for your business. Coventured is an online platform to allow you to search, identify and connect with some of Australia's leading businesses like Beyond Bank. Once you have created your profile on CoVentured please follow Beyond Bank so we can continue to communicate with your business post your application, CoVentured can be a continuation of that opportunity. Register for free today.
How are the projects chosen? What are the criteria?
Beyond Bank will look positively upon projects from entrepreneurs which demonstrate positive economic outcomes and employment for the local community. Assessments will also consider capability and confidence in getting to market and producing desired results.
Who assesses applications?
The Directors of the Beyond Bank Foundation have engaged Slingshot Accelerators to assist with shortlisting the applications.
Slingshot Accelerators will provide the Foundation board a short list.
The Directors of the Beyond Bank Foundation assess and decide on the grant recipients for 2017. In 2017 all shortlisted applicants will get a chance to promote their project and seek public engagement. Whereby the public can vote for them or their project to potentially be a successful grant recipient. Please note this public vote does not guarantee the shortlisted individual or business a grant. This is decided by the Foundation Board.
Once the voting period is over the Directors of the Beyond Bank Foundation will select the finalists.
How often do you select applications to support?
- We provide grants twice a year in each of our regions.
- Details of application dates and announcements for each region are available on our website.
How much funding will I receive if successful?
- New business grants will be provided for entrepreneurs up to a maximum of $50,000.
What happens if my project is selected for funding support?
- You will be contacted by a representative from Beyond Bank to confirm you have been successful.
What responsibilities exist for those selected for funding support?
- Funding support from Beyond Bank is paid subject to certain conditions being agreed to by the successful applicants. This includes, but is not limited to, Beyond Bank having applicants permission to subsequently communicate and promote the project as being attached to the Community Entrepreneur Program and applicants making themselves available, where possible, to assist Beyond Bank promote the program.
- The above permission includes use of intellectual property such as names, logo’s, visuals and designs relating to the successful application for the purposes of promoting the program.
- Additional responsibilities may be requested at the time approval is granted as a condition of funding.
What other restrictions exist following receipt of funding support?
- Beyond Bank require exclusivity in the category of banking in relation to any subsequent endorsed public support or sponsorship of the applicants in relation to the purpose of your approved application
- Addition restrictions may be requested at the time approval is granted as a condition of funding.
What if my application is unsuccessful?
- Unsuccessful applications may be considered for future rounds of funding and applicants are encourgaed to access support networks via the program to assist further development of their ideas.
Do I have to be a registered non-profit?
- No. Applications are open for individuals, partnerships, associations and companies that demonstrate entrepreneurship within their proposal.
Who provides the support funding for the Community Entrepreneur Program and why?
- The Beyond Bank Foundation supports the Community Entrepreneur Program. The Foundations purpose is to strengthen and reinvest into the communities in which we operate. The Beyond Bank Foundation has worked on and supported many community projects and causes since it was founded in 2007, with our organisations investments in our community programs, projects and partnerships totalling more than $20 million.
- The vision for the Beyond Bank Australia Foundation is to focus on assisting people and the community in the markets in which Beyond Bank operates with the aim to build social capital in these communities and therefore assisting in returning sustainable value.
What dates do I need to be aware of?
- Refer to the website for details about opening and closing dates for applications in each region.
What unexpected impacts might securing a grant have on my financial circumstances?
- It is important that applicants receive independent advice regarding any potential impacts from securing a grant. This includes consulting with a financial adviser and seeking assistance from any applicable government agencies.
What do I need to know in regards to privacy and confidentiality of information?
- Beyond Bank has obligations to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- You must: (i) comply with the same obligations in respect of the your collection, storage and use of personal information made available to you in connection with this program, and (ii) comply with the reasonable directions of Beyond Bank in relation to the handling of personal information.
- Beyond Bank collects personal information in order to conduct the Community Entrepreneur Program and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including service providers that assist us to conduct the Community Entrepreneur Program. Our receipt of your application is conditional on providing this information.
- Beyond Bank may also use the personal information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages. You should direct any request to access, update or correct information to Beyond Bank.
Will more information than supplied on the application be requested by Beyond Bank?
- Beyond Bank (and Slingshot Accelerator, on its behalf) reserve the right to request more information as required to complete the assessment process.