EzyAidGroup ─ A holding device for Nasogastric (NG) feeding tubes
Jess Geosits. Hunter Valley, NSW.
The EzyAid device incorporates a simple and practical design which alleviates the need for the use of adhesive sport tape to hold a feeding tube to a patient's face.
This current method for fixing feeding tubes is labour intensive, wasteful, uncomfortable, stressful and leaves the patient with a rash on their face. EzyAid maximises durability, efficiency and ease of application, especially in Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs).
EzyAid can also be used on premature babies, children with cleft palate, cancer patients, patients with cardiovascular disease, and patients with feeding issues associated with stroke, anorexia, dementia, diabetics, cystic fibrosis, etc.
Our product will dramatically benefit the Hunter Region Health Services, NSW Health System, Australia and the World. The benefits of EzyAid are:
- All in one design as opposed to the current method which requires sports adhesives
- Will reduce oral aversion in children because of a reduced number of applications required compared to traditional tape applications (e.g. with feeding issues etc.)
- Less time consuming for hospital staff as only one person needs to apply the tape compared to two as per the existing process
- Harder for the tube to be pulled out by the infant
- Cost efficient for hospitals as less waste from left over contaminated tapes and scissors currently used to attach the tube to the face
- Easier to use as it comes in a Band-Aid like package
- Creates less stress for the patient, parents and health professional given the ease of application
- More comfortable due to the materials used and the design of the product which contours to the face
Beyond Bank Supports Local Communities.
Beyond Bank is a 100% customer owned bank. We aim to be the best bank for the community. The Community Entrepreneur Program provides financial support for ideas that provide positive social and employment outcomes.
More about Beyond Bank
At Beyond Bank we go beyond in everything we do and that means doing more for our customers than they ever expected. It’s part of what makes us the other way to bank.
Best bank for the community
Since 2007 we’ve given back over $18.6m to communities and we were recently awarded Australia’s Best Financial Institution in Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are here to help
Talk to us about how we go beyond for our customers and communities.