What is B Corp?
B Corp is a global movement of people harnessing the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Beyond Bank qualified by doing more good with our products, practices and profits, such as:
- Assisting our staff and customers to achieve social, environmental and financial sustainability.
- Acting with integrity and being transparent.
- Providing our staff with community leave days to help in their community, along with work-life balance days.
- Nurturing sustainable partnerships with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Measuring and reducing the impact our business has on the environment.
- Investing $15 million into our community programs since 2007.
Our Future Goals
- Ensure our Sustainability Principles are across all levels of our business.
- Produce and adopt a new Sustainability Report in 2016 which is aligned to the B Corp framework.
- Implement our Energy Management Plan & Strategy.
- Create new initiatives to educate and assist staff and customers to achieve personal sustainability.
- Play a leading role in advocating and advancing sustainability practices and principles in our communities.
Doing Good by Doing Good
- We’re all about guiding our business with a set of principles and values we believe will ensure our sustainability.
- Our purpose is to create and return sustainable value for our customers and their communities’.
- We live by our values of integrity, mutuality, owner-first, community and sustainability.
Our Sustainability Principles
We believe in empowering, engaging and supporting our customers, staff and communities to sustain a high level of financial, emotional and physical health. We see this as the key to our success.
We actively measure, report, benchmark and publish the results of our financial, environmental and social impact performance.
We aim to foster a culture of equality between our staff, customers and the wider community regardless of age, gender, socio-economic status or ability.
We respect all living things, and our organisation takes steps to protect and restore the ecological health of our planet.
Decision Making Framework
We will consider the environmental, social and economic impact of our decisions and actions on future generations.
We commit to harnessing the opportunities that will arise from this era of innovation, technology and collaboration, and find ways to redefine success in business.
We believe in the importance of sustainable economic growth, and building a strong organisation that works within ecological limits and contributes to positive social change.