Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
We have voluntarily subscribed to, and are committed to complying with, the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice (Code) is the code of practice for Australia’s mutual banks, credit unions and building societies.
The Code is a public expression of the level of support that subscribers will provide to its customers and the community, and the standards by which they be held accountable. It outlines clearly and transparently what a customer can expect when dealing with a Code subscriber.
The Code establishes higher standards than the law requires and reflects the customer owned banking sector’s commitment to serving the interests of its customers and communities.
The 2022 Code is underpinned by seven key promises. These promises are the principles that form the basis of the Code, informing all other provisions and obligations.
- We will deliver banking services in the interests of our customers.
- We will obey the law.
- We will not mislead or deceive.
- We will act honestly and fairly.
- We will offer products and services that are fit for general purpose.
- We will deliver services with reasonable care and skill.
- We will contribute to our community.
Download the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.