BRICKTOBER Event Attendants – Cannington WA
Become a part of an amazing and fun team that loves LEGO®.
Bricktober – Perth 2015 (October 10-11) is a fun yearly event that showcases models built from LEGO® by fans of the brick in Perth W.A. The event is a project of The Rotary Club of Ascot (Inc), with funds raised at the event to go towards support for programs for young children and other Rotary and community projects. It will be held at Cannington Exhibition Centre & Showgrounds.
Friends of Bricktober are volunteers that love LEGO® and want to share the hobby of LEGO® play and building with other fans of the brick. They want to use that interest in LEGO® to help promote the LEGO® play opportunity and support Rotary and community projects.
Variety of roles available:
· Attendant – LEGO® building competitions
· Attendant – Brick Pit
· Attendant – Restricted Use Entry
· Attendant – LEGO® Train/ Remote controlled LEGO® vehicles
· Attendant – Drinks Kiosk
· Exhibition Hall Attendants
· Collection and promotion of People’s choice Awards/colouring in competitions/ lost and found
· Tech Support
· Ticket Scanning/Entry
· Bump in / bump out
· General Run Around/Relief
Time: 6 hour shift, am or pm, one or both days
· 18 years and over
· Good with kids
· Crowd management
· Can work well under pressure
· Energetic and friendly
· Good negotiation skills
· A polite and outgoing attitude
· Excellent customer service
Other specific requirements dependent on actual role
Benefits to you:
· Free entry into the event
· A commemorative T-shirt and cap, plus a LEGO® brick badge made from real LEGO®, to be worn on the day to distinguish you as part of the Bricktober team.
· Meals and refreshments vouchers to spend at the various vendors at the event
· A thank you certificate that can be used in your resume.
· Gain insight into the event management and knowing that you are helping out others to help improve the state of the world.
Volunteers must be able to attend a compulsory briefing session either Saturday 5/9/2015 OR Monday 7/9/2015, where they will be provided with information on how they can help out over the weekend of the event.