Most people think big dollars when they think about bathroom renovations, however they don’t need to be super expensive. For as little as $1,200 you can completely change the look of your bathroom with some basic cosmetic changes.
Here are my tips for a cosmetic bathroom renovation;
- Paint, I love paint. By adding paint to the walls and ceiling you can lift the look of the room immediately. Lighter shades of whites and greys work well in bathrooms to make them appear brighter and bigger.
- Tile paint. Did I mention I love paint? Tile paint has to be the world’s best invention; this can lift your daggy 70’s style tiles into something more modern, and brighten the look of the entire room. Make sure you use a roller- it gives a nicer finish than a brush.
- And my paint romance continues…for about $500 you can have your bathtub re-sprayed white which makes it look brand new.
- Replace the tap and shower fittings – depending on your budget you can get some really nice and affordable fittings at the hardware store and install them yourself.
- Replace the vanity. By shopping around you can get an affordable vanity and install it yourself.
- Replace the toilet – for as little as $100 you can get a new bowl and cistern and it can make a big difference to the look of your room.
- And my last tip, which is my favourite tip is youtube  Oh how I love youtube. I learnt how to tile a splash back myself and saved save a lot of money!
Do you have any other tips to add?