Selling your house? Tips to increase your profit
It’s amazing how many little changes you can make to your house to increase its sale value before you put it on the market.
Here are some ideas and tips to help you increase your profit:
- I love paint. It is absolutely amazing the difference paint can make to a house. Pick white or neutral colors to ensure it has broad appeal to your buyers.
- Tile and laminate paint are also a favorite of mine; you can refresh your kitchen or bathroom with this simple trick.
- De-clutter – remove any clutter from shelves or kitchen benches. Potentially consider taking some items of furniture out to create a better sense of space for the open house inspections.
- Hire furniture. There are many stylists available that can style part of or your entire house with on trend furniture. This can also be a great option if you have tenants in your house (obviously this subject would need to be approached delicately with the tenant!)
- Tidy up the gardens and lawns. Remember it can take up to 3 months for plants to establish or blossom to the sooner you get the gardens up to date the better!
- Have a good look at the front of your house – is it appealing? Often buyers can be put off based on the first impression – so it’s important you get this right!
- Open the blinds and windows – the more light the better!
Do you have any other tips to share?