5 tips to prepare for Christmas
Christmas is fast approaching – 41 days and counting – so it’s time to start thinking about what needs to be prepared for the silly season and Christmas day, or if you’re like me, it’s really just a month of events.
So to help you out, here’s my top tips to help you prepare:
- Plan early! Don’t leave it to the last minute to find out who’s going where, what time and when. Once you know the details, you can start to plan your month, events, Christmas Day, the food, the gifts and your finances.
- Budget – If you’re like me, it’s often on your mind, but you always over spend.
My tip – Use our Christmas Budget Calculator to add up the costs of your purchases and groceries. This gives you a great understanding of how much you’re actually spending and where you could potentially cut back.
- Know your limits – So you’ve calculated the cost and don’t have enough to get you through? Consider applying for a Credit Card to get you through the Christmas period.
My tip – Remember to consider credit card repayments after all your purchases, the last thing you want is more debt.
- Shop around – You’ve already planned what you want to buy, now you just need the right price. This should apply to anything from your big ticket items to your groceries.
My tip – I do a lot of my shopping online, it takes me half the time and I have a better understanding of the price ranges out there.
- Don’t leave your purchases to the last minute. This should be part of your planning; you don’t want to be running around on Christmas Eve to find that last minute present. Chances are you won’t find what you’re looking for; or you will be purchasing at a much higher price.
Have you got any other tips you want to add? Share you Christmas time tips below!