It’s official! We’re ‘The Best Bank for our Community’!
It is with great pleasure I can announce that last night at the Australian Banking and Finance Retail Banking Awards, Beyond Bank was declared the winner in the category of Best Bank in Corporate Social Responsibility.
Amongst a strong list of finalists, our organisation wide commitment to operating in an economically, socially and environmentally responsible manner ultimately shone through.
Driven by a clear vision and passion to be the best bank for our community, our Community Development team now supports over 3500 Community Organisations across Australia.
This award category was evaluated based on how we demonstrate corporate social responsibility as core to our business activity, our commitment to sustainability and on our innovative community programs.
Our community highlights for 2016:
- We invested $2.21 million in net profit after tax into our community programs and partnerships
- Our community partners have benefited with nearly 3000 staff volunteering hours
- We provided a free financial education program to over 11,500 primary students across 300 schools
- And we’ve provided salary packaging services to more than 17,600 community sector employees
- Via our development grants and sponsorships we invested a further $1.35 million into the community
- Our Foundation has supported innovative entrepreneur ventures, investing over $180,000 in 13 businesses
- And we became the first bank in Australia to be officially B-Corp certified
This award belongs to everyone involved with Beyond Bank (our customers, communities and staff) everything we have achieved and for which we have now received recognition.
Please help spread this great news, after all, the more customers who bank with us, the more Beyond Bank will invest back into them and to build sustainable communities.