Yay, you made it to day 2. Congrats.
Today’s challenge? Find out what you’ve got. And where you’ve got it.
Start by grabbing yourself a piece of paper. Yes, a pen as well.
- Now write down your income. And your partner’s, if you’ve got one of them
- Next, write down all the bank accounts you have. Often there’s more than you think
- If you can, check the balances. You never know, some of them might have a few bucks left in them
- Check your wallet/purse. Any maxed-out credit cards or store cards lurking in the recesses?
- What about loans? Car, white goods, furniture? What about the good old study loans? (HELP, HECS, FEE HELP etc).
You’re doing great. Last step.
- Jot down which fund your super is in.
Finito! You’ve consolidated your accounts. Well kind of. At least it’s all on one piece of paper. That’s a start, right?