Think of this as a modern-day treasure hunt. You’re trying to find your little pots of hard-earned super hidden away in all the different funds.
Got your virtual spade? OK, let’s go.
- First step. Jump on your computer/phone (not literally of course) and log into your super fund
- Don’t know your login details? Contact your fund and get it set up/reset now
- Check your current balance. Better or worse than you hoped?
- If worse, check out what fees you’re paying
- Now, grab your phone/calendar and set yourself a reminder to check your super every three months.
If you’re a bit confused, have a squiz at How Super Works from Moneysmart.
And if you’re completely lost and have no idea where your super is or even what it is, don’t stress. Treasure hunts are supposed to be hard. Just ask Captain Jack Sparrow.
To get help, try searching the ATO here or request a phone call from one our expert advisors.