Apple Pay is a digital wallet from Apple which lets you use a compatible iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad to make secure contactless purchase in stores, within selected apps and participating websites.
Can I use Apple Pay to make a payment on a website using my Mac?
Yes, you can use Apple Pay to make payments on participating websites using a Mac on Safari. To use Apple Pay, the Mac needs to be signed in to the same iCloud account as the iPhone or Apple Watch and have Bluetooth enabled on your Mac. You then:
1. Select the Buy with Apple Pay or Apple Pay button
2. Check your billing, shipping and contact information are correct:
- The default card can be changed by clicking the button next to the default card and selecting a new credit or debit card from any iPhone or Apple Watch which is nearby and signed into the same iCloud account.
- If you need to, enter your billing, shipping and contact information. Apple Pay will store that information on your iPhone, so you won’t need to enter it again.
3. When you are ready, make your purchase. Place your finger on Touch ID or enter the device passcode on your iPhone, or double-click the side button on the Apple Watch to authorize payment. After your payment information sends successfully, you’ll see Done and a checkmark on the screen.
Other helpful FAQs.
Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 and later in stores, apps, and websites in Safari; with Apple Watch in stores and apps; with iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 and later in apps and websites; and with Mac in Safari with an Apple Pay enabled iPhone 6 or later or Apple Watch. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see https://support.apple.com/km207105
No, your card details are not stored on the device or in the Cloud. When a card is added to Apple Pay, a Device Account Number replaces the need for the card number.
The Device Account Number is used to make secure purchases in stores and within apps and websites. It will not work if it is compromised in any way and cannot be used outside of the device it is assigned to.
The Device Account Number can be found by opening the Wallet app and tapping the (i) symbol in the bottom right corner and then scrolling down to find Device Account Number.