EduKits - Tinker Bunker
Michael Nixon. Riverina, NSW.
We all know that, to get the jobs of the future, our kids will need to know how technology works and be able to confidently use and modify it. However, kids in rural and regional Australia are at a significant disadvantage as their schools and local libraries continue to employ outdated technology and education programs. To make matters worse, areas like 3D printing, electronics and robotics are generally out of the range of most family budgets.
The EduKits Tinker Bunker is the solution to this problem. This is a portable learning centre that will be fitted with the latest technology, including 3D printers, a laser cutter, laptops and technology kits. This will allow EduKits to run educational workshops with kids across the Riverina region, exposing them to the latest engaging technology and giving them the basic skills they'll need in a tech-savvy workforce.
Another revenue stream will be through regional schools and libraries renting out this equipment, something that will be complemented by EduKits' interactive online learning resources that are constantly being expanded.
This will be an exciting and valuable experience for kids, and something that they would otherwise not have had the opportunity to be exposed to.
Beyond Bank Supports Local Communities.
Beyond Bank is a 100% customer owned bank. We aim to be the best bank for the community. The Community Entrepreneur Program provides financial support for ideas that provide positive social and employment outcomes.
More about Beyond Bank
At Beyond Bank we go beyond in everything we do and that means doing more for our customers than they ever expected. It’s part of what makes us the other way to bank.
Best bank for the community
Since 2007 we’ve given back over $18.6m to communities and we were recently awarded Australia’s Best Financial Institution in Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are here to help
Talk to us about how we go beyond for our customers and communities.
Vote Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to vote forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By making a vote it shall be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. A vote not made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
2. To vote for an entrepreneur and their idea commences at 8 am on Wednesday 20 September 2017 and closes at 5pm on Wednesday 18 October 2017 (“Voting Period”). All times recorded throughout these Terms and Conditions are in Australian Central Standard Time. The Promoter is Beyond Bank Australia Ltd. ABN 15 087 651 143 AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 237 856. 3. Voting is open to residents of Australia who submit their vote form via Beyond Bank’s website page at www.beyondbank.com.au/vote. Only one vote will be accepted per person per entrepreneur (one vote per IP, per entrepreneur).
4. To make a valid vote, press the vote button on the corresponding entrepreneur page featured on the Beyond Bank website. Your vote will be recorded and will assist in Beyond Bank’s decision to award a grant to an/a entrepreneur.
5. The Promoter’s decision in relation to the voting is final and binding and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence once it makes the decision. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if illegitimate, forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time or cancel the Promotion (or any part of it) without prior notice.
7. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.