The Creative Element – Developing technology to keep seriously sick kids connected to their schools.
Erica Hediger. Canberra, ACT.
The Creative Element is a Canberra-based, female-led startup that partners with government and advocacy groups to locally design, prototype and manufacture disruptive technology to improve social outcomes in the community. We specialise in robotics and automation and are looking to employ both trade (Reid Canberra Institute of Technology) and university students for roles typically outsourced to China or India.
The Creative Element is applying to Beyond Bank for funding to prototype and iterate a telepresence robot to keep seriously sick kids connected to their regular schools. We know it works. Telepresence robots are already being used in schools in Europe and the US. However, they are made off shore and are poorly suited for our purpose.
To resolve this, we will prototype a robot with dynamic video interaction, crystal clear audio, and a Wifi enabled robotic arm to pick up an apple or share a high five.
We want to give sick kids real time learning in their classes. Better connection with their friends and teachers and a way to feel normal when they are in a hospital or at home.
Let’s give sick kids hope now and find a way to build a life worth living.
Beyond Bank Supports Local Communities.
Beyond Bank is a 100% customer owned bank. We aim to be the best bank for the community. The Community Entrepreneur Program provides financial support for ideas that provide positive social and employment outcomes.
More about Beyond Bank
At Beyond Bank we go beyond in everything we do and that means doing more for our customers than they ever expected. It’s part of what makes us the other way to bank.
Best bank for the community
Since 2007 we’ve given back over $18.6m to communities and we were recently awarded Australia’s Best Financial Institution in Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are here to help
Talk to us about how we go beyond for our customers and communities.
Voting Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to vote forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By making a vote it shall be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. A vote not made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
2. To vote for an entrepreneur and their idea commences at 8 am on Wednesday 20 September 2017 and closes at 5pm on Wednesday 18 October 2017 (“Voting Period”). All times recorded throughout these Terms and Conditions are in Australian Central Standard Time. The Promoter is Beyond Bank Australia Ltd. ABN 15 087 651 143 AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 237 856. 3. Voting is open to residents of Australia who submit their vote form via Beyond Bank’s website page at www.beyondbank.com.au/vote. Only one vote will be accepted per person per entrepreneur (one vote per IP, per entrepreneur).
4. To make a valid vote, press the vote button on the corresponding entrepreneur page featured on the Beyond Bank website. Your vote will be recorded and will assist in Beyond Bank’s decision to award a grant to an/a entrepreneur.
5. The Promoter’s decision in relation to the voting is final and binding and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence once it makes the decision. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if illegitimate, forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time or cancel the Promotion (or any part of it) without prior notice.
7. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.