Simon Schmidt. Adelaide, SA.
Imagine drinking contaminated water knowing it will make you sick, or worse giving it to you children. This is a reality for tens of millions of the world’s poorest people and those affected by disasters.
Safe drinking water is fundamental for life and something many of us take for granted. With the growing global need for clean water in humanitarian relief and following natural disasters, the Vinnovate Puribag offers the ideal solution.
The Puribag is a 10L capacity, re-usable, flat-pack water bag system which can be filled with contaminated water, sealed, and treated in the bag to safe drinking water quality in under 30 minutes. It’s simple to use, lightweight, low-cost, and provides safe water without the weight and cost burden of transporting bottled water.
The system can be stored and deployed as needed and is the perfect solution in disaster/ emergency situations as a rapid response aid, or as an ongoing method of safe water provision.
Our vision is to supply this treatment system to people displaced by natural disasters, in emergency situations, and in humanitarian contexts. We are working to make the Puribag available where and when it’s needed most, making a real-world impact.
Beyond Bank Supports Local Communities.
Beyond Bank is a 100% customer owned bank. We aim to be the best bank for the community. The Community Entrepreneur Program provides financial support for ideas that provide positive social and employment outcomes.
More about Beyond Bank
At Beyond Bank we go beyond in everything we do and that means doing more for our customers than they ever expected. It’s part of what makes us the other way to bank.
Best bank for the community
Since 2007 we’ve given back over $18.6m to communities and we were recently awarded Australia’s Best Financial Institution in Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are here to help
Talk to us about how we go beyond for our customers and communities.
Voting Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to vote forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By making a vote it shall be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. A vote not made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
2. To vote for an entrepreneur and their idea commences at 8 am on Wednesday 20 September 2017 and closes at 5pm on Wednesday 18 October 2017 (“Voting Period”). All times recorded throughout these Terms and Conditions are in Australian Central Standard Time. The Promoter is Beyond Bank Australia, a trading name of Community CPS Australia Ltd, 100 Waymouth Street, Adelaide, SA 5000 (ABN 15 087 651 143, AFSL / Australian Credit Licence 237856) (“Promoter”).
3. Voting is open to residents of Australia who submit their vote form via Beyond Bank’s website page at www.beyondbank.com.au/vote. Only one vote will be accepted per person per entrepreneur (one vote per IP, per entrepreneur).
4. To make a valid vote, press the vote button on the corresponding entrepreneur page featured on the Beyond Bank website. Your vote will be recorded and will assist in Beyond Bank’s decision to award a grant to an/a entrepreneur.
5. The Promoter’s decision in relation to the voting is final and binding and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence once it makes the decision. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if illegitimate, forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time or cancel the Promotion (or any part of it) without prior notice.
7. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.