Community Development grants
With a long commitment to helping to create stronger communities, the Beyond Bank Australia Foundation, together with the Bank’s community development team, has contributed over $27m to communities across Australia over the past 15 years.
Recently, the Foundation announced the creation of a $100,000 Community Support Fund for the Warrnambool region. We did this because we believe the region's lifeblood is the work that local community groups, clubs and charities do every day and we want to play our part in supporting this.
Beyond Bank, whilst relatively new in the region, was founded more than 60 years ago, has grown to become one of the largest customer-owned banks in Australia. Our customers recently voted us the number one bank in Australia, in the fourth annual Forbes World’s Best Bank Awards.
Our grants criteria
Our grants are available for not for profits, community clubs or charities or organisations that support the Warrnambool community.
We will support new or existing concepts or projects.
There is no set minimum grant size, however, individual requests will be capped at $15,000.
Strong consideration will be given to projects and initiatives that link to one or more of the following criteria:
- The initiative has the potential to achieve positive outcomes for the wider community
- The initiative will provide a positive impact on the lives of people in the Warrnambool region
- The initiative includes opportunities for Beyond Bank staff to get involved through volunteering
- The initiative aligns with the values of Beyond Bank (Customer First, Mutuality, Community, Integrity and Sustainability)
- The initiative aligns to the focus areas of the Beyond Bank Australia Foundation (Aged Support / Disability support / Financial Wellbeing and Housing Affordability).