The children that Edmund Rice support come from many different backgrounds and situations
- Living in a foster family home or with a relative
- Living below the poverty line due to severe financial disadvantage
- Those who have a family member with a disability or mental illness
- Those from refugee and indigenous backgrounds.
For every child in care at the camps there is one leader to provide that child with a close friend, positive role model and mentor.
Edmund Rice Camps relies on the support of the community through donations, volunteers and other people who are willing to go beyond for their community.
Edmund Rice Camps provides children with a week long holiday of activities and fun.
Edmund Rice Camps provides an environment that:
- Improves children’s confidence
- Creates a positive and safe environment
- Creates wonderful memories for children
- Develops children’s self-worth, value and social skills.
Edmund Rice Camps volunteers provide children with a close friend and role model as well as fun and engaging activities. If you are interested in Volunteering for Edmund Rice Camps contact your local organisation.