2015 Annual Report
October 2015Share This Story
Our 2015 Annual Report is now available to view here.
We have recorded strong results for the financial year with a profit of $22.8m which will be reinvested back into the organisation to improve products and services for our customers. Our assets under management increased to $4.38bn and new lending for the group was $780m, which is an increase of 10.2%.
The financial year has been a solid one for the Beyond Bank Australia Group; our results have been consistent for our business, coupled with new product developments, continual improvements to our digital platform and strengthening the relationships we have with our community partners. Loans made available to customers topped an all time high for our organisation.
Our key achievements for 2014/15 include:
- A recorded profit of $22.8 million;
- We celebrated our first anniversary as Beyond Bank Australia;
- Canstar reported that our customers on average are $165 better off banking with us than with one of the major banks, with a total of $31.8m in value being returned back to customers;
- We contributed $2.14m to the community, including almost $310,000 to community groups, not-for-profits and charities via our Community Reward Program;
- The Beyond Bank Australia Foundation announced a $900,000 investment with the launch of our Community Entrepreneur Program;
- We launched two national disaster appeals across South Australia and the Hunter Valley when severe weather events struck these regions, with the Beyond Bank Foundation kick-starting the fund-raising for both appeals;
- We received industry recognition during the year: at the Asia-Pacific Banking + Finance awards Beyond Bank were presented with the Mutual of the Year Award; we received the Canstar Award for Customer-Owned Online Bank of the year; Money magazine rated our website third best in Australia; and we also received the Mutual of the Year First Home Buyers Award SA & WA.
We are proud of our achievements over the past year and thank you, our customers, for your continued support.
We also thank our staff for their hard work throughout the year helping to build a solid 100% customer owned bank that offers a real alternative to the major banks.