The Truth of BPAY
BPAY is a much loved Australian payment method; however there are a lot of myths out there about the details of paying with BPAY.
Did you know?
Myth - It takes 3 days to ‘process’ BPAY payments.
Truth – BPAY payments are considered paid that day if you pay before the bank’s cut-off time during a business banking day.
Myth - You need the BPAY biller code and payment details every time.
Truth - BPAY remembers your payment details with most payments.
Myth - BPAY charges fees for all transactions.
Truth - BPAY is a cost effective payment option. At Beyond Bank it is free.
Myth - BPAY is an overseas owned multinational company.
Truth - BPAY is fully Australian owned.
Myth - BPAY stands for Bill Pay.
Truth - BPAY stands for Bank Pay.
Myth - When you need help with BPAY you need to talk with BPAY or the company you’re making the payment too.
Truth - For BPAY help, just talk to your bank.
So it’s no surprise that last year over 330 million payments were made using BPAY and that is it offered on over 45,000 bills.
Look for the BPAY logo on your bill and let BPAY give you payment peace of mind, every time.
BPAY® is a trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518. Check if BPAY is right for you by reading the terms and conditions available from your Financial Institution.
Budgeting and saving tools now in Internet Banking
Want to know if you spend more on groceries or your car? You can now track your spending and savings in easy to use illustrative graphs.
Beyond Finance Manager is a new feature within Internet Banking, that automatically categorises your spending for you so you can easily see a snapshot of your transactions. You can also tailor your transactions to the categories that suit you.
See your budget visually in categories such as;
- Rent & bills,
- Eating out,
- Entertainment, and more!
To start using this exciting new feature click here and follow the prompts.
New look website
After being awarded Australia’s 3rd best banking website 2015, we have continued to deliver a better browsing experience for our customers. To ensure we remain one of the best, we have listened to your feedback and will be introducing a series of changes to the website to make your browsing experience better – starting with now.
With a fresh new look, the website change simplifies locating the information you need with a crisper and cleaner browsing experience.
We have more exciting changes coming your way soon so stay tuned!
Travel Advisory Paris
Please refer to the following travel insurance information from Allianz Global Assistance regarding the Paris Attacks.
All new iPhone & Android phone apps are here!
The new app contains exciting new features such as;
- Touch ID. No more typing! Simply log in using your finger print (iOS only)
- Forgotten your app login? Reset it at the touch of a button
- Pay a friend on the move. Add new payees when it’s convenient for you
- View saved payees in both your app and Internet Banking
- Simple transaction view. Your spending is illustrated through easy to view icons
- App friendly intuitive design, and more!
We are already working our next update which will be available in the coming weeks. In addition to the existing email and SMS alerts, this update will enable you to set up 'Push' alerts to notify you on your mobile when transactions occur on your account.
Find out more: www.beyondbank.com.au/banking/mobile-banking.html
Travel-Advisory - Indonesia’s Mt Rinjani volcanic ash cloud
Please refer to the following travel insurance information from Allianz Global Assistance regarding Indonesia’s Mt Rinjani volcanic ash cloud.
2015 Annual Report
Our 2015 Annual Report is now available to view here.
We have recorded strong results for the financial year with a profit of $22.8m which will be reinvested back into the organisation to improve products and services for our customers. Our assets under management increased to $4.38bn and new lending for the group was $780m, which is an increase of 10.2%.
The financial year has been a solid one for the Beyond Bank Australia Group; our results have been consistent for our business, coupled with new product developments, continual improvements to our digital platform and strengthening the relationships we have with our community partners. Loans made available to customers topped an all time high for our organisation.
Our key achievements for 2014/15 include:
- A recorded profit of $22.8 million;
- We celebrated our first anniversary as Beyond Bank Australia;
- Canstar reported that our customers on average are $165 better off banking with us than with one of the major banks, with a total of $31.8m in value being returned back to customers;
- We contributed $2.14m to the community, including almost $310,000 to community groups, not-for-profits and charities via our Community Reward Program;
- The Beyond Bank Australia Foundation announced a $900,000 investment with the launch of our Community Entrepreneur Program;
- We launched two national disaster appeals across South Australia and the Hunter Valley when severe weather events struck these regions, with the Beyond Bank Foundation kick-starting the fund-raising for both appeals;
- We received industry recognition during the year: at the Asia-Pacific Banking + Finance awards Beyond Bank were presented with the Mutual of the Year Award; we received the Canstar Award for Customer-Owned Online Bank of the year; Money magazine rated our website third best in Australia; and we also received the Mutual of the Year First Home Buyers Award SA & WA.
We are proud of our achievements over the past year and thank you, our customers, for your continued support.
We also thank our staff for their hard work throughout the year helping to build a solid 100% customer owned bank that offers a real alternative to the major banks.
Merger with Country First Credit Union
We are pleased to announce that we plan to merge with Country First Credit Union which is located in Griffith, NSW and has around 3000 members and assets of $29 million.
We have signed a Memorandum of Understanding and have now commenced the due diligence process.
The merger will offer an expanded range of services to members across Australia, in excess of $4 billion in assets under management and a stronger position in the national financial services market.
As a customer owned organisation, we are both committed to members, staff and the local community and together we will have an even greater capacity to develop financial solutions that offer the best value to members.
The proposed merger will build on our commitment to regional Australia and provide a very clear alternative in the market.
Both organisations have strong relationships with local communities and we look forward to expanding and developing community programs once the merger is finalised.
New iPhone and Android phone apps coming soon!
We are working furiously on a new app for iPhone and Android phone users. This will provide a fix to an issue for users operating iOS9 and provide a host of long awaited new features, including:
- Log in with Touch ID (iOS only)
- Forgotten your app password? Reset it at the touch of a button
- Access your saved payees from Internet Banking
- Account transfers to new payees
- Plus more!
Stay tuned to our website for an sneak peak of the new app!
Public Holiday Notice - Monday 5 October
Please note that our ACT, NSW and SA branches will be closed on Monday 5th October due to public holidays.
Our Member Contact Centre will still be open from 8am - 8pm (ACST) on 13 25 85 if you require any assistance.