Talk to us
We’re always willing to listen. You might not expect it, but we actually want to hear your feedback – even your concerns or complaints.
If you have a complaint, concern or anything else you would like to pass on, please contact us about it. Coming to us in the first instance allows us to investigate the matter fully and work out a way forward.
Our investigation services are completely free for customers, and if you need, we can provide an interpreter.
To make things easy for you, there are a number of ways for you to contact us. You can:
- Talk with one of our consultants at a branch, or call 13 25 85. A consultant will try to assist you in the first instance. If they are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, they will forward the issue on to a Manager; or
- You send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here to help
For everyone’s benefit, we aim to resolve issues as quickly as possible. Some complicated issues may take a little longer to resolve, but we will always strive to deal with your issues efficiently.
Though you can expect to hear from us within five business days, sometimes it may take longer to fully investigate the issue, if the issue is complex. Should this happen, we will call or write to let you know how things are progressing.
Your further options
If you’re not happy with the outcome of your concern, you’ll need to notify us in writing. That way we can escalate the issue to the next dispute level.
The dispute will be reviewed and dealt with by the Customer Advocate, who has the powers to investigate and resolve the dispute.
The Customer Advocate usually deals with the dispute within one month of receiving it. We will call or write to notify you of the decision made.
If the matter remains unresolved after 45 days, or you are unhappy with the final outcome, you can refer the matter on to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), yourself.
FOS provides an external impartial procedure for resolving disputes. This is a free and independent service providing mediation between Financial Service Providers and their customers. Beyond Bank is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
You can contact FOS on 1800 367 287 or at www.fos.org.au. It’s important to note that this service can only provide mediation after we have responded to you in the first instance.
Other things to be aware of
While we are describing here the manner in which we will try to resolve your complaint or concerns you may have with us, there are some legal points you need to be aware of as well.
You should be aware of the following:
- Participation in the internal dispute resolution procedure does not waiver any contract between you and us. An example of a contract between you and us may be a loan contract, a mortgage, a guarantee, the terms and conditions of an account, or terms and conditions of a Visa or rediCARD;
- You may choose to commence legal proceedings, which you are able to do at any stage of the complaint process. Legal costs will usually be borne by you if you choose this course of action;
- You are not obliged to pursue your dispute with us, using our internal dispute resolution procedure;
- This information itself is not a contract between Beyond Bank and yourself, and it is not enforceable against us.