What are Google Pay security features?
- Your physical card number is not stored on your phone.
- Just like a contactless transaction with your Visa card, Google Pay will not work for purchases over $100 unless you enter your PIN at the terminal.
- If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can use Android Device Manager (www.google.com/ android/devicemanager) to instantly lock your device, or even wipe it clean of any personal information.
- You will continue to enjoy $0 liability for unauthorised transactions in the same way you are protected when using your physical card*.
- The device has to be within 4cm of the reader so you can’t accidentally pay for someone else’s purchases.
- There is also a unique code for each transaction which prevents it going through twice. Even if you accidentally tapped twice you will not be billed twice.
- The cards also have secure encryption technology which protects your card data from being compromised.
- To further protect your money Beyond Bank operate a dedicated 24/7 card monitoring service and will contact you if we notice a transaction on your account which is unusual.
Other helpful FAQs.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Our live chat is available Monday to Friday 9.00am -6.00pm ACST and Saturday 9.00am -3.00pm ACST.
Have feedback or questions you would like to add to our help section?
Our friendly Customer Relationship Centre staff are here to assist you over the phone.