Home and Contents Insurance.

Protect your home inside and out from loss or damage caused by one or more of 11 insured events.

icon-insurance-purple Protect your home inside and out. Get A Quote
hand with coins

Save up to 10% on your first year’s premium when you purchase a new buildings or contents policy online.1,2


24/7 emergency claims lodgement.


Combine your Building and Contents cover to receive up to 10% discount on your premium.1,3


Pay by the month at no extra cost. 4

Get protection for your home buildings and your contents by combining buildings and contents covers on the one policy.


If you take both Building and Contents insurance here’s how they can work together if the unexpected occurs:

  • Your house burns down. You could lose all your buildings, and everything in them. With adequate sums insured under Buildings and Contents covers, you could rebuild and replace your insured belongings.
  • A fire damages your kitchen. You could repair or rebuild built-in damaged parts of your kitchen, such as benchtops, with Buildings cover. Then you could replace damaged items like blinds and kitchenware under your Contents cover.
  • A thief smashes your window, breaks the lock and steals your belongings. You can fix the window and lock through your Buildings cover and replace the items that were stolen under your Contents cover.

Plus, you will only have to pay the applicable excess(es) once in respect of any single claim if your Building and Contents are damaged by the same insured event.

The better you understand your policy, the easier it will be if you ever have to claim.

Here is a limited summary of the benefits of a Building and Contents insurance policy. For full details, of the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS and the Home Buildings or Home Contents Key Fact Sheets (KFS) before making a decision to purchase the insurance.

Select the cover to suit your needs.

Effective date 16 December 2019.


  • Rebuilding and professional fees

If you need to rebuild your home after total loss or damage, Beyond Bank Home and Contents Insurance will help pay the reasonable costs of architects’, engineers’, surveyors’ and solicitors’ fees up to $5,000.

  • Cover for the unexpected

Beyond Bank Home and Contents Insurance offers protection for out of the ordinary but devastating events such as fire, storm and burglary.

  • Cover for storm damage

Rest easy, within the first 72 hours following a storm, Beyond Bank Home and Contents Insurance provide cover for loss or damage caused by soil movement, landslide, mudslide or subsidence caused by a storm.

  • Making your buildings environmentally friendly

If your buildings are totally destroyed and need to be rebuilt, in addition to your buildings sum insured, Beyond Bank Home and Contents Insurance will pay up to $5,000 to help you make the new buildings more environmentally friendly.

  • Alternative accommodation for you and your pets

If your Building or Contents are damaged by an insured event during the period of insurance to such an extent that you can’t live in your home buildings, we will help pay for temporary accommodation for you up to 10% of the building or contents sum insured (as applicable) and up to $500 for temporary accommodation for your pets in a commercial boarding establishment.

  • Replacement locks

Beyond Bank Home and Contents Insurance will pay up to $1,000, to replace the locks or cylinders of any external door or window following an actual or attempted theft or burglary if the key is stolen or you believe the key has been copied.

  • Debris removal

In addition to your buildings sum insured, Beyond Bank Home and Contents Insurance will pay up to 10% of your building and/or contents sum insured for the removal of debris from the damaged or destroyed part of the buildings.

  • Legal liability

Beyond Bank Home and Contents Insurance will cover your legal liability up to $20 million for payment of compensation relating to death, bodily injury or illness, and/or physical loss of or damage to property which occurred at the insured address.

  • 24/7 emergency claims lodgement

When you need to make a claim Allianz are there for you with a 24 hour claims line or you can lodge your claim online.

  • Cover when you’re moving house

Beyond Bank Home and Contents Insurance will cover your contents for loss or damage caused by an insured event both at your new and old address for up to 14 days after you first start to move. No cover is provided for loss or damage whilst contents are in transit (unless you have Accidental damage cover).

Optional covers.

Add any of these optional covers for an additional premium and greater cover.

guitar and tv

Portable contents.

You can choose optional cover to protect your portable contents such as mobile phones, cameras and engagement rings in the event of theft or an accident at the insured address and when you take them out of your home, even when you are temporarily outside Australia for up to 120 continuous days in any period of insurance.

wine and glasses

Accidental damage.

The accidental damage cover option helps protect you in the event of accidental unexpected mishaps that are caused unintentionally – giving you greater coverage for your building and/or contents.

motor burnout

Motor burnout.

The Motor burnout option covers you if an electrical current damages your household electrical motors.

house flooded

Flood cover.

Flood cover may be available as an optional cover added to your buildings and/or contents policy for an additional premium. A 72 hour exclusion period applies.


Domestic workers’ compensation cover.

Cover for a domestic worker (e.g. gardener or cleaner), if they are injured while working for you at the insured address.  Only available in ACT, WA and TAS.

Policy Documents and Key Fact Sheets.

We do not provide advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision please refer to the Home and Contents Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) any applicable supplementary PDS and Home Buildings or Home Contents key fact sheets also available for reference.

If you purchased home or landlord insurance before 16 December 2019, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statements: Prestige Home Insurance,  Classic Home Insurance,  Vital Home Insuranceand Buildings and/or Contents Key Fact Sheet/s.

Home Insurance Calculators.

It’s up to you to decide the sums insured, and the type and level of cover that you want to take out. People generally want enough insurance to cover the property’s estimated replacement value. If you don’t have enough cover, you could end up having to cover some of the costs yourself.

Remember, we will only pay up to the amount of your loss or the sum insured, whichever is the lesser - so you should also be careful not to over insure. That's why we've provided these calculators. They work as guides to help you estimate the replacement value of your home building and contents.