Landlord Insurance.

Protect your investment property and landlord’s contents from insured events such as theft, fire, storm and malicious damage.

Insurance when you need it most.

Save time and effort by purchasing Beyond Bank insurance.

Enjoy the convenience of arranging your insurance at the same place as your banking with Beyond Bank. Feel confident knowing you have insurance when you need it most.

Plus, when you purchase a new Beyond Bank Home and Contents, Landlord or Comprehensive Motor Insurance policy by 30 November 2020, you’ll go into the draw for a chance to win a $10,000 account top-up.*

A residential investment property needs to be appropriately protected.

Insurance can give you the peace of mind and confidence that your property will be looked after should something go wrong. Beyond Bank Landlord Insurance covers the property and/or the contents you provide for your tenant’s use.

Cover for your investment property.

hand with coins

Save up to 10% on your first year's premium when you buy a new policy online1, 2


Pay by the month at no extra cost4

To help you decide the cover you need, here’s a brief outline of the difference between Buildings and Contents cover.

Landlord Buildings.

Designed to cover the physical structures that make up your property, like the house itself, garage, sheds, permanently installed swimming pools and decks. Generally for customers who own a freehold home – like a house, townhouse, terrace or semi-detached dwelling.


Landlord Contents.

Designed to cover items at your property – from furniture, removable domestic appliances and white goods which belong to you as the landlord and that you have provided for the use of your tenant. It also covers your carpets and window furnishings.

The better you understand your policy, the easier it will be if you ever have to claim.


Here is a limited summary of the benefits of a landlord insurance policy. For full details of the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS and Landlord Buildings and Landlord Contents Key Fact Sheets (KFS) before making a decision to purchase the insurance.

Select the cover to suit your needs.

Effective date 16 December 2019.

  • Cover for the unexpected

Beyond Bank Landlord Insurance offers protection for your investment property for out of the ordinary but devastating events such as fire, storm and burglary.

  • Legal liability

Beyond Bank Landlord Insurance will cover your legal liability up to $20 million for payment of compensation relating to death, bodily injury or illness, and/or physical loss of or damage to property.

  • Making your buildings environmentally friendly

If your buildings are totally destroyed and need to be rebuilt, in addition to your buildings sum insured, Beyond Bank Landlord Insurance will pay up to $5,000 to help you make the new buildings more environmentally friendly.

  • Landlord contents

In the event you require repair or replacement of your contents you own and provide for your tenant’s use. If you select buildings cover, Beyond Bank Landlord Insurance will pay up to $10,000. Alternatively, if you select contents cover, Beyond Bank Landlord Insurance will pay, up to the sum insured.

  • Rental costs after an insured event

If your Building or Contents are damaged by an insured event and can’t be lived in by your tenant, or, we agree access to or the use of your buildings was not possible Allianz will pay for your loss of rent on the buildings for up to 12 months.

  • Rebuilding and professional fees

If you need to rebuild your buildings after total loss or damage, Beyond Bank Landlord Insurance will help pay the reasonable costs of architects, engineers, surveyors and solicitors up to $5,000.

  • Debris removal

Beyond Bank Landlord Insurance will cover up to 10% of the building and/or contents sum insured for removing debris from your insured address if your buildings are damaged or destroyed by an insured event.

  • 24/7 emergency claims assistance

When you need to make a claim Allianz are there for you with a 24 hour claims line, helping you get back on track again as soon as possible.

  • Contents in the open air at the insured address

Beyond Bank Landlord Insurance will cover contents in the open air (that you own and that you have provided for your tenants use) which have been lost or damaged by an insured event covered by your policy, up to a maximum amount of $200.

Optional covers.

Add any of these optional covers for an additional premium and greater cover.


Landlord workers’ compensation cover.

  • Cover for the compensation amount you are liable to pay if you employ a domestic worker and they are injured while working for you at the insured address. Only available in ACT, WA and TAS.
house flooded

Flood cover.

  • Flood cover may be available as an optional cover to your buildings and/or contents. A 72 hour exclusion period applies.


Policy Documents and Key Fact Sheets.

We do not provide advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply.

Before making a decision please refer to the Landlord Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) any applicable supplementary PDS and Landlord Buildings or Landlord Contents key fact sheets also available for reference.

If you purchased home or landlord insurance before 16 December 2019, please refer to Landlord Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Landlord Key Fact Sheet/s.

Landlord Insurance Calculators

It’s up to you to decide the sums insured, and the type and level of cover that you want to take out. People generally want enough insurance to cover the property’s estimated replacement value. If you don’t have enough cover, you could end up having to cover some of the costs yourself.

Remember, we will only pay up to the amount of your loss or the sum insured, whichever is the lesser - so you should also be careful not to over insure. That's why we've provided these calculators. They work as guides to help you estimate the replacement value of your landlord building and contents.