- Income threshold: Household income does not exceed $160,000 and increases by $3,330 for each dependent child.
- Residency: Lessee(s) must reside in the property.
- Property ownership: Lessee(s) cannot own other real estates (in any other State or Territory in Australia or overseas).
- Information session: You must have attended a free information session at the Canberra Institute of Technology – contact CIT on (02) 6207 3188. This session is compulsory.
- For more information, visit suburbanland.act.gov.au/en/land-rent-scheme
Other helpful FAQs.
Any new block of land released by the ACT Land Development Agency (LDA) to the public will be available for land rent. For further details on the land available for rent, contact the Land Development Agency.
Only single residential dwellings can be built on land rent blocks. Units or attached dwellings cannot be built on land leased under the scheme. Planning and quality controls applying to land rent blocks will be the same as for land held under traditional crown leases.
People participating in the land rent scheme may be able to access the First Home Owner Grant, as long as they meet the eligibility requirement. For further details, please contact ACT Revenue Office or visit www.revenue.act.gov.au.
For land rent lessee(s) who signed their contract for sale on or after 1 October 2013, your land rent payments are 2% of the unimproved value of the leased land. You do not have access to the standard 4% rate of land. For further details, please contact ACT Revenue Office or visit www.revenue.act.gov.au.